Cooke, James J.
Pershing and his generals.
Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 1997
|提及的人：||John J Pershing; John J Pershing|
|材料类型：||传记, 文献, 互联网资源|
James J Cooke
|复制注解：||Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL|
|描述：||1 online resource (x, 167 pages) : illustrations|
|详述：||Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002.|
|内容：||Introduction; 1. The Genesis of the AEF Staff; 2. Someone to Command; 3. Refining the AEF Staff; 4. Getting Organized; 5. Evaluation and Classification; Photographic; 6. Into the Fight, Spring 1918; 7. Dennis Nolan and Intelligence in the AEF; 8. Formation of the First U.S. Army; 9. The Meuse-Argonne Offensive; 10. Aftermath and Lessons Learned; Selected Bibliography; Index.|
|责任：||James J. Cooke.|
When the United States entered the Great War in April of 1917, there were few officers with any staff training, and none had actually served on large, complex staffs in combat. This work traces the development of the staff of the AEF and describes how Pershing found the generals to command those divisions that fought on the Western Front in World War I. Many of Pershing's generals had been colonels only a few months prior to assuming command of divisions. John J. Pershing's task was to mold a diverse group of men into effective staff officers and into general officers to face the rigors of mod.
- Pershing, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1860-1948.
- United States. -- Army. -- American Expeditionary Forces -- History.
- United States. -- Army -- Biography.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Regimental histories -- United States.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Army. -- American Expeditionary Force -- History.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY -- Historical.
- HISTORY -- Military -- World War I.
- Pershing, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1860-1948
- United States. -- Army.
- United States. -- Army. -- American Expeditionary Forces.
- Regimental histories.
- United States.