Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ethel Barrymore; Lionel Barrymore; John Barrymore; Edwin Booth; Shirley Booth; William A Brady; Frederick Brisson; Kate Claxton; Betty Comden; Adolph Green; Rachel Crothers; Howard Dietz; Arthur Schwartz; Isadora Duncan; Dorothy Fields; Herbert Fields; Charles Frohman; Daniel Frohman; Luella Gear; Mary MacArthur; Jenny Lind; Anita Loos; Mary Martin; Helen Hayes; Ethel Merman; George Marion, Jr.; Julia Marlowe; E H Sothern; Gilbert Miller; Harry B Smith; Sophie Tucker; Peggy Wood; Booth family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Museum of the City of New York.|
|Description:||550 linear ft.|
Prominent individuals represented by a large quantity of material include Ethel, Lionel, and John Barrymore, actors, by photographs and news clippings; Edwin Booth and family, actors, by news clippings and photographs; Shirley Booth, actress and singer, by scrapbooks and photographs; William A. Brady, Broadway producer, by contracts, correspondence and related documents pertaining to Brady's productions; Frederick Brisson, producer, by production proposals and typescripts of proposed productions; Kate Claxton, actress, by scripts, sheet music, and photographs; Betty Comden and Adolph Green, musical comedy writing team, by manuscripts and scrapbooks; Rachel Crothers, dramatist, by correspondence, manuscripts, scrapbooks, and news clippings; Howard Dietz, lyricist who collaborated with Arthur Schwartz, by manuscripts, correspondence, published and unpublished music and lyrics, contracts, and photographs; Isadora Duncan, dancer, by correspondence, photographs, published and unpublished sketches of her dancing, and her notebooks and poems; Dorothy and Herbert Fields, lyricist and librettist team, by scrapbooks and photographs; Charles and Daniel Frohman, Broadway producers, by scrapbooks and correspondence; Luella Gear, actress, by photographs and scrapbooks; Helen Hayes, actress, by photographs, news clippings, and correspondence between her mother and daughter, Mary MacArthur; Jenny Lind, opera singer, by books,
lithographs, biographical material collected from temporary periodicals, and sheet music.
Anita Loos, author and playwright, by manuscripts, scrapbooks, and correspondence; Mary Martin, actress, by scrapbooks, photographs, and scripts; Ethel Merman, actress, by scrapbooks; George Marion, Jr., librettist, by scripts; Julia Marlowe and Edward H. Sothern, Shakespearean actor and actress, by scrapbooks, photographs, correspondence, manuscripts, and programs; Gilbert Miller, producing manager, by material pertaining to produced plays; Harry B. Smith, songwriter, by correspondence, manuscripts for stories, plays, and other writings; Sophie Tucker, vaudeville singer and performer, by photographs, scripts and music, and news clippings; and Peggy Wood, actress and writer, by correspondence, scripts of her plays, photographs, and news clippings.
- Barrymore, Ethel, -- 1879-1959.
- Barrymore, Lionel, -- 1878-1954.
- Barrymore, John, -- 1882-1942.
- Booth, Edwin, -- 1833-1893.
- Booth, Shirley.
- Brady, William A., -- 1863-1950.
- Brisson, Frederick.
- Claxton, Kate, -- 1848-1924.
- Comden, Betty.
- Green, Adolph.
- Crothers, Rachel, -- 1878-1958.
- Dietz, Howard, -- 1896-
- Schwartz, Arthur, -- 1900-1984.
- Duncan, Isadora, -- 1878-1927.
- Fields, Dorothy, -- 1905-1974.
- Fields, Herbert, -- 1897-1958
- Frohman, Charles, -- 1860-1915.
- Frohman, Daniel, -- 1851-1940.
- Gear, Luella.
- MacArthur, Mary, -- 1930-
- Lind, Jenny, -- 1820-1887.
- Loos, Anita, -- 1894-1981.
- Martin, Mary, -- 1913-1990.
- Hayes, Helen, -- 1900-1993.
- Merman, Ethel.
- Marion, George, -- Jr.
- Marlowe, Julia, -- 1865-1950.
- Sothern, E. H. -- (Edward Hugh), -- 1859-1933.
- Miller, Gilbert.
- Smith, Harry B. -- (Harry Bache), -- 1860-1936.
- Tucker, Sophie, -- 1884-1966.
- Wood, Peggy, -- 1892-
- Booth family.
- Performing arts -- New York (N.Y.)
- Music -- Performance.
- Music in the theater.
- Theater -- New York (N.Y.)
- Theater -- Production and direction.
- Burlesque (Theater)
- Musical revue, comedy, etc. -- New York (N.Y.)
- Musical revue, comedy, etc. -- Authorship.
- Musical revue, comedy, etc. -- Production and direction.
- Vaudeville -- New York (N.Y.)
- Women singers.
- Theatrical producers and directors.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs.