Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Brown, Anthony Gary, 1953-
Persons, animals, ships, and cannon in the Aubrey-Maturin sea novels of Patrick O'Brian.
Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, c1999
|Named Person:||Patrick O'Brian; Patrick O'Brian; Patrick O'Brian; Patrick O'Brian|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Anthony Gary Brown
|Description:||342 p. ; 26 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Anthony Gary Brown.|
From Master and Commander to The Hundred Days, this dictionary identifies every name, fictional and factual, in the 19 Aubrey-Maturin novels published through 1998. The roles and relationships of fictional characters are concisely described and their appearances noted by novel and chapter. Historical figures are identified both by their mention in the novels and their biographical details. Literary allusions are located and explained.
- O'Brian, Patrick, -- 1914-2000. -- Aubrey/Maturin novels.
- O'Brian, Patrick, -- 1914-2000 -- Dictionaries.
- Maturin, Stephen (Fictitious character) -- Dictionaries.
- Aubrey, Jack (Fictitious character) -- Dictionaries.
- O'Brian, Patrick, -- 1914-2000 -- Characters -- Dictionaries.
- Characters and characteristics in literature -- Dictionaries.
- Naval art and science in literature -- Dictionaries.
- Historical fiction, English -- Dictionaries.
- Animals in literature -- Dictionaries.
- Sea stories, English -- Dictionaries.
- Ships in literature -- Dictionaries.
- Ordnance -- Dictionaries.
- O'Brian, Patrick