Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Peter Jackson; Peter Jackson|
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Originally published: Auckland, N.Z. : Random House New Zealand, 2003.
"This look at the now-celebrated director tells of the inspiration that led to the making of the three world-famous Lord of the Rings films and the six other films that preceded them. In this unauthorized biography, Ian Pryor traces the journey of a young movie fanatic, from Sunday afternoons spent fooling around with a camera, through low-budget cult movies, to control of the most ambitious film project ever, on what is probably the best-loved fantasy novel ever written." "This biography explores the many talents of the young Peter Jackson and the making of Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, Braindead, Heavenly Creatures, Forgotten Silver, The Frighteners, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Pryor looks at the story behind the Rings, explaining how Jackson got the rights and funding to make three films rather than collapsing the story into just one or two films. He also includes interviews and other behind-the-scenes material from the making of those landmark films. In addition to looking at the director's past achievements, the author also considers Jackson's remake of King Kong, as well as other possible future endeavors." "From casts of zombies, traumatized puppets, and murderous teenagers to deal-making in Hollywood, this book is about following one's visions wherever they might lead."--Jacket.
|Description:||380 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Prologue: In a House by the Sea 6 --
1. The Lunatics Are Taking Over the Field 9 --
2. Beginnings 18 --
3. The Movie that Grew: Bad Taste 36 --
4. Not Your Everyday Average Creatures: Meet the Feebles 59 --
5. Beating the Curse of the Zombies: Dead Alive 87 --
6. The Undead on Set 99 --
7. A Different Kind of Murder: Heavenly Creatures 123 --
8. Putting It on Film 139 --
9. Empire-building: Forgotten Silver and the Birth of Weta 163 --
10. Finding Hollywood Without Really Looking: The Frighteners 181 --
11. The Political Animal 201 --
12. Finding the Ring 219 --
13. Roll Camera 239 --
14. Spies in Middle-earth 260 --
15. Unveiling the Ring 271 --
16. Past and Future 296 --
Epilogue: In a House by the Sea 313 --
Appendix 1 Movies in New Zealand 319 --
Appendix 4 Inspirations and Influences.