Peter, of Langtoft, -1307?
Peter Langtoft's Chronicle.
Oxford : Printed at the Theater, M. DCC. XXV. [London : Reprinted for S. Bagster, in the Strand, 1810]
|提及的人：||Edward, King of England; Peter, of Langtoft|
Peter, of Langtoft; Robert Mannyng; John Slacke; Philantiquarius Britannicus, pseud.; Thomas Hearne; John Wallis; Inner Temple (London, England). Library.
The tracts, both by the same anonymous author, have caption titles: (a) Claudius Cæsar's, and other Romane emperors, treasure newly found out near Conquest in Sommersett ... by Philantiquarius Britannicus.-- [b] A fool's bolt soon shott at Stonage.
"The publisher's preface" with appendix, contains several miscellaneous pieces, one of which, "The Arminian nunnery," has reprint of t.p.
|描述：||2 volumes (CCXXV, 714 pages) ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||(1) A roll concerning Glastonbury Abbey, being a survey of all the estates belonging to that house at the dissolution, taken by King Hen. the Eighth's order and for his use --
(2) An account of the Hospital of St. Mary Magdalen near Scroby in Nottinghamshire, by John Slacke, Master of that hospital --
(3) Two tracts by an anonymous author, the first relating to Conquest in Somersetshire, the second concerning Stone-henge.
|叢書名：||Works of Thomas Hearne, v.3-4|
|責任：||transcrib'd, and now first publish'd, from a ms. in the Inner-Temple library by Thomas Hearne, M.A. To which are added, besides a glossary and other curious papers, (1) A roll concerning Glastonbury abbey, being a survey of all the estates belonging to that house at the dissolution, taken by King Hen. the Eighth's order and for his use. (2) An account of the hospital of St. Mary Magdalen near Scroby in Nottinghamshire, by John Slacke, master of that hospital. (3) Two tracts by an anonymous author ; the first relating to [Roman antiquities, near] Conquest in Somersetshire, the second concerning Stone-henge.|
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward I, 1272-1307 -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward II, 1307-1327.
- Glastonbury Abbey.
- Great Britain -- Antiquities, Roman.
- Scrooby (England)
- Stonehenge (England)
- Edward -- I, -- King of England, -- 1239-1307.
- Peter, -- of Langtoft, -- -1307?
- Little Gidding (Christian community) -- History.