Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edward, King of England; Edward, King of England|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Peter, of Langtoft; Robert Mannyng; Thomas Hearne; John Slacke; Inner Temple (London, England). Library.
|Notes:||The pagination and register are continuous, with a divisional title page to volume 2
With a list of subscribers and a final advertisement leaf
"Oxford" printed with a swash 'r'
The tracts, both by the same anonymous author, have caption titles: (a)--Claudius Cæsar's, and other old Romane emperors, treasure newly found out near Conquest in Sommersett ... by Philantiquarius Britannicus. (b) A fool's bolt soon shott at Stonage.
"The publisher's preface" with appendix (volume 1, pages ix-ccxxvi) contains several miscellaneous pieces, one of which, "The Arminian nunnery," has a reprint of the title page to the 1641 edition
|Description:||2 volumes (xxxxxii, 330, , 235-722,  pages) ; 24 cm|
|Responsibility:||(as illustrated and improv'd by Robert of Brunne) from the death of Cadwalader to the end of K. Edward the First's reign. Transcrib'd, and now first publish'd, from a ms. in the Inner-Temple Library by Thomas Hearne, M.A. To which are added, besides a glossary and other curious papers, (1) A roll concerning Glastonbury Abbey, being a survey of all the estates belonging to that house at the dissolution, taken by King Hen. the Eigth's order and for his use. (2) An account of the hospital of St. Mary Magdalen near Scroby in Nottinghamshire, by John Slacke, Master of that Hospital. (3) Two tracts by an anonymous author; the first relating to Roman Conquest in Somersetshire, the second concerning Stone-henge. In two volumes|
- Edward -- I, -- King of England, -- 1239-1307.
- Glastonbury Abbey -- History.
- Little Gidding (Christian community) -- History.
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward I, 1272-1307 -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- History -- Edward II, 1307-1327 -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- History -- 13th century -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- History -- 14th century -- Sources.
- Great Britain -- Antiquities, Roman.
- Scrooby (England) -- History.
- Stonehenge (England) -- Antiquities, Roman.
- Glastonbury Abbey.
- Little Gidding (Christian community)
- Classical antiquities.
- England -- Scrooby.
- England -- Stonehenge.
- Great Britain.