Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Mark Dion; Robert Sterling Clark; Arthur de Carle Sowerby; Mark Dion; Sterling Clark|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mark Dion; Lisa G Corrin; Thomas J Loughman; Robert Sterling Clark; Arthur de Carle Sowerby; Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute,; Explorers Club,
|Notes:||Published in conjunction with the installation and exhibition in New York, at the Explorers Club, May 9-August 3, 2012.|
|Description:||25 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm|
|Responsibility:||[curated by Lisa G. Corrin ; includes an essay by Thomas J. Loughman].|
"Through Shên-kan" is the account of a 1908-09 expedition to the Shensi and Kansu provinces of northern China. The expedition was funded by Robert Sterling Clark; Clark was joined by the naturalist and writer, Arthur de Carle Sowerby, with whom he co-wrote the book. Published in 1912, the book recounts their journey, along with observations on geography, zoology, astronomy, geology, meteorology, and culture.
- Dion, Mark, -- 1961- -- Exhibitions.
- Installations -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions.
- China -- Description and travel -- Exhibitions.
- Clark, Robert Sterling, -- 1877-1956 -- Travel -- Exhibitions.
- Sowerby, Arthur de Carle, -- 1885-1954 -- Travel -- Exhibitions.
- Dion, Mark, -- 1961-
- Clark, Sterling.