John Edgar Wideman
|描述：||199 pages ; 24 cm|
|责任：||by John Edgar Wideman.|
Eleven people - five of them children - are killed in west Philadelphia when 6221 Osage Avenue is bombed out of existence. One small boy is seen to escape the fire. From his life of self-exile on an island in the Aegean, Cudjoe mourns the child until it becomes an obsession, leading him home, forcing him to face up to his own profound alienation and to the wrenching realities of his native land. He searches for the boy and, as he does so, he searches out his own past. Reconstructing his life plunges him backwards into memories both personal and communal, forwards inch by inch into a city fast becoming a nightmare.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Fiction.
- MOVE (Organization) -- Fiction.
- Bombings -- Fiction.
- Fires -- Fiction.
- MOVE (Organization)
- African Americans.
- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Things to Check Out(43 资料)
由 rke0001 已更新 大约一个月前
- PEN/Faulkner Award winners and finalists for fiction (155 资料)
由 I-UNIVLIB 已更新 2009-11-11