Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, Confederate
|Named Person:||Philip St George Cocke; Walter Gwynn; Stonewall Jackson; Joseph E Johnston; Daniel Ruggles; Philip St George Cocke; Walter Gwynn; Stonewall Jackson; Joseph E Johnston; Daniel Ruggles|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
G T Beauregard; Philip St George Cocke; Mary Roy Dawson Edwards; Robert K Krick; Robert E Lee
In a letter, 1861 Sep. 22, Cocke submits his resignation to General P.G.T. Beauregard as he feels he can render the cause better service as a civilian than in the army with his current rank and position.
Beauregard replies to Cocke, 1861 Sep. 22, that he will hold Cocke's resignation for a few days until he hears from the War Dept. concerning his request to review Cocke's rank.
- Cocke, Philip St. George, -- 1809-1861.
- Gwynn, Walter, -- 1802-1882.
- Jackson, Stonewall, -- 1824-1863.
- Johnston, Joseph E. -- (Joseph Eggleston), -- 1807-1891.
- Ruggles, Daniel, -- 1810-1897.
- Generals -- Confederate States of America.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate.
- United States.
- United States -- Confederate States of America.