Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780567421166 0567421163 9780567331045 0567331040|
|Description:||xii, 114 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color), 1 map ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||The earliest history of Philippi --
The first century CE : the emergence of a Christian congregation --
The epistle to the Philippians and Roman Philippi --
The second century : a strengthening of the Roman character of Philippi --
The third century : largely shrouded in mist --
The fourth century : plenty of room for Christians --
The fifth century : the church is obviously present in Philippi --
The sixth century : the Christian character of Philippi is reinforced --
Philippi : the final chapter --
A walk through Philippi.
How Christianity began in Europe
Epistle to the Philippians and the excavations at Philippi
Mining an extraordinary amount of historical, linguistic, and archaeological research, Verhoef assesses the beginnings of the church at Philippi, then paints a portrait of changes during the next
- Bible. -- Philippians -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
- Christian antiquities -- Greece.
- Philippi (Extinct city) -- Church history.
- Philippi (Extinct city) -- History.
- Bible. -- Philippians.
- Christian antiquities.
- Church history -- Primitive and early church.
- Greece -- Philippi (Extinct city)