Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||F J Francis; Frank B Gibson; Louis Charles McClure; David H Moffat|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Manuscript, Photograph|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Louis Charles McClure
|Notes:||Title devised by cataloger.
Captions in the negative for all McClure photographs, and for some others. Manuscript captions on many loose photographs.
|Description:||1 album (68 photographic prints) : b&w ; 26 x 35 cm. 26 photographic prints : b&w ; 19.5 x 24.5 cm. or smaller.|
Additional photographs include views of the Moffat Road by McClure, F.J. Francis, and others, as well as general views of the area, including some by the Detroit Publishing Co. F.J. Francis's images document the opening of Gore Canyon; two of these include David Moffat. One image by an unidentified photographer shows the blasting of a tunnel. A number of photographs show Grand Lake, including a series taken in 1890. Manuscript captions on two photographs identify one man as "Daddy;" based on a comparison with the clipping in the album, this may be Frank B. Gibson. Another man is identified as J.A. Ferguson. The photographs are accompanied by a clipping concerning Gibson's appointment as financial director of the railway in 1908.
Two photographs of Alaska are also present: one shows Princeton Glacier, Nassau Fjord; the other a glacier on the Alaska Central Railway.
- Francis, F. J.
- Gibson, Frank B.
- McClure, Louis Charles, -- 1867-1957.
- Moffat, David H. -- (David Halliday), -- 1839-1911 -- Portraits.
- Alaska Central Railway Company -- Pictorial works.
- Denver, Northwestern and Pacific Railway -- Pictorial works.
- Detroit Publishing Co.
- Railroads -- Colorado -- Pictorial works.
- Railroad tunnels.
- Colorado -- Pictorial works.
- Kremmling, Colo. -- Pictorial works.
- Hot Sulphur Springs (Colo.) -- Pictorial works.
- Estes Park (Colo.) -- Pictorial works.
- Grand Lake (Colo.) -- Pictorial works.
- Alaska -- Pictorial works.