FitzGerald, Michael C.
Picasso and American art.
New York : Whitney Museum of American Art ; New Haven : Inassociation with Yale University Press, c2006
|提及的人：||Pablo Picasso; Pablo Picasso; Pablo Picasso|
Michael C FitzGerald; Julia May Boddewyn; Whitney Museum of American Art.; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.; Walker Art Center.
|ISBN:||0300114524 0874271541 9780300114522 9780874271546|
|注意：||"The exhibition was organized by Michael FitzGerald, guest curator, in association with Dana Miller, associate curator, Whitney Museum of American Art."
Published on the occasion of an exhibition organized by the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York and held also at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Walker Art Center, Minneapolis.
|描述：||400 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 32 cm.|
|内容：||(1905-13) Such mad pictures would never mean anything to America --
(1914-29) Heaven send New York a museum of modern art, so that folks may see what is going on in the world --
(1930-39) I feel Picasso running through my finger tips --
(1940-1957) This is 1950, this is when it's going to happen.
|责任：||Michael FitzGerald ; with a chronology by Julia May Boddewyn.|
Provides information on the fundamental role that Picasso played in the development of modern American art, both through his friendships with individual artists and through the dissemination of his evolving work. This book also documents the accessibility of Picasso's work in the United States between 1911 and 1957 in exhibitions and collections.
- Art, American -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Picasso, Pablo, -- 1881-1973 -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
- Picasso, Pablo, -- 1881-1973 -- Influence -- Expositions.
- Art américain -- 20e siècle -- Expositions.
- Avant-garde (Art) -- États-Unis -- Histoire -- 20e siècle -- Expositions.
- Picasso, Pablo, -- 1881-1973.
- Art, American.
- Avant-garde (Aesthetics)
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- United States.