Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Axel R Schäfer
|Description:||311 pages ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Introduction : How evangelicals learned to stop worrying and love the state --
The Cold War state and religious agencies --
The evangelical rediscovery of the state --
Evangelicals, foreign policy, and the national security state --
Evangelicals, social policy, and the welfare state --
Church-state relations and the rise of the evangelical right --
Conclusion : Resurgent conservatism and the public funding of religious agencies.
|Series Title:||Politics and culture in modern America.|
|Responsibility:||Axel R. Schäfer.|
"Piety and Public Funding complicates, and sometimes even demolishes, much of the conventional wisdom about the rise of the religious right. Schafer's tone is neither bombastic nor polemical, but the
- Faith-based human services -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Public-private sector cooperation -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Church and state -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Religion and politics -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Evangelicalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
User lists with this item (2)
- Publications that used the Wheaton College Special Collections(93 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2016-05-26
- October 2014 New Titles(219 items)
by bevdchar updated 2015-01-16