Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Prize books (Provenance)
|Material Type:||Fiction, Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Hesba Stretton; Alfred Walter Bayes; W L Jones; Josiah Wood Whymper; Religious Tract Society (Great Britain); William Rider and Son.; Butterworth and Heath.
|Notes:||Undated. Date of publication inferred from printer's form of name and inscription; Rider & Son operated under that form of name between 1883 and 1893, cf. P.A.H. Brown London publishers and printers p. 161. Inscription dated 1887.
The frontispiece is engraved by Whymper after WLJ [W.L. Jones]. Other illustratioins are engraved by Butterworth and Heath after A.W. Bayes.
|Description:||160 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm|
|Responsibility:||by the author of "Jessica's first prayer," "Bede's charity," "Little Meg's children," etc.|
- Christian life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Poverty -- Juvenile fiction.
- Police -- Juvenile fiction.
- Courage -- Juvenile fiction.
- Charity -- Juvenile fiction.
- Manchester (England) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Christian life.
- England -- Manchester.