Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Children's poetry, American
Dust jackets (Bindings)
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Pish, posh, said Hieronymus Bosch.
San Diego ; New York ; London : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, ©1991 (United States)
|Named Person:||Hieronymus Bosch; Hieronymus Bosch; Hieronymus Bosch|
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Nancy Willard; Diane Dillon; Leo Dillon; Lee Dillon; Melitte Buchman; Warren Wallerstein; Michael Farmer; Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.; Bright Arts, Ltd.; Holyoke Lithograph Co.; Book Press (Brattleboro, Vt.); Juvenile Collection (Library of Congress)
|Notes:||"The illustrations in this book were underpainted in acrylics on acetate and overpainted with oils. The frame was sculpted and cast in silver, bronze, and brass, then assembled on a wood frame by Lee Dillon. The frame was photographed by Melitte Muchman. Jacket frame dies by Wheeler Engraving, Santee, California. The illustrations were spot-varnished and printed on 100-pound Natural Karma paper. The display type and text type were hand-lettered by the illustrators. Color separations were made by Bright Arts, Ltd., Singapore. Printed by Holyoke Lithograph, Springfield, Massachusetts. Bound by Book Press, Brattleboro, Vermont. Production supervision by Warren Wallerstein. Art direction by Michael Farmer. Designed by Leo and Diane Dillon"--Colophon.|
|Description:||1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 31 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Nancy Willard ; illustrations by the Dillons.|
The weird creatures which inhabit a medieval painter's home drive his housekeeper away, until a change of heart sends her back to the beasts and to Bosch in a new and loving relationship.
- Bosch, Hieronymus, -- -1516 -- Juvenile poetry.
- Bosch, Hieronymus, -- -1516 -- Poetry.
- Bosch, Hieronymus, -- -1516.
- Artists -- Juvenile poetry.
- Housekeepers -- Juvenile poetry.
- Animals, Mythical -- Juvenile poetry.
- Love poetry.
- Magic -- Juvenile poetry.
- Impulse -- Juvenile poetry.
- Remorse -- Juvenile poetry.
- Patience -- Juvenile poetry.
- Nonsense verses -- Juvenile poetry.
- Surrealism -- Juvenile poetry.
- Children's poetry, American.
- Children's poetry.
- American poetry.
- Animals, Mythical.
- Nonsense verses.
- CHR 1991.
- PRO Tehon, Atha (former owner) (Tehon Collection copy)
- PRO Tehon, Susan (donor)