Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc.|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Allen R Grossman
|Notes:||Title from container.
Produced by the Teaching Company in collaboration with the Resident Associate Program of the Smithsonian Institution.
In container (30 cm.).
Text of poems and notes in booklet (35 p. ; 22 cm.)--inserted in container.
|Event notes:||Delivered Oct. 13-14, 1990 at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.|
|Description:||4 sound cassettes : analog.|
|Contents:||1. London Bridge is falling down : poetry and social formations --
2. The ballad of Sir Patrick Spence : common measure and justice --
3. Shakespeare's The phoenix and turtle : on difficulty, the meaning and structure of difference --
4. Milton's Avenge, O Lord : poetry, religion, and the rationality of experience --
5. Keats' Ode to a nightingale : poetic knowledge and the founding narratives of poetic practice --
6. Dickinson's I cannot live with you : difference and the work of love --
7. Yeats' Among school children : secular education and the reproduction of poetic knowledge --
8. Robert Lowell's Skunk hour and Elizabeth Bishop's The armadillo.
|Series Title:||SuperStar teachers.|