Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Performer(s):||Read by Dean Robertson.|
|Description:||x, 546 p. ; 25 cm.|
The revelation --
The judges --
Bel and the serpent --
Song of the three children --
The eyes in the trees.
WorldCat User Reviews (2)
Should Have Won the Pulitzer
Barbara Kingsolver’s, The Poisonwood Bible, is written so beautifully and reads so effortlessly that it surely will be seen as one of fiction’s greatest achievements in the second half of the last century. The story of a missionary zealot going to Africa in 1959 with his wife and four...
- Was this review helpful to you?
Her best book to date
- 4 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Americans -- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Fiction.
- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- Fiction.
- Missionaries -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- Christian missionaries -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Americans -- Africa -- Fiction.
- Culture conflict -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Americans -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Baptists -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Colonialism -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Christian families -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Religious fanatics -- Congo -- Fiction.
- Emotionally abusive men -- Congo -- Fiction.
User lists with this item (60)
- The Book Club(85 items)
by elephantaer updated 2014-06-12
- Books I'm Interested In(261 items)
by dnhsangel updated about 3 weeks ago
- Sarasota Book Club Reading List(80 items)
by saccarte updated 2014-05-25
- I've read(477 items)
by lisadriver updated about a week ago
- Things to Check Out(2 items)
by sff6514 updated 2014-03-05