Special event coverage and commentary
|提及的人：||John F Kennedy; John F Kennedy; Daniel A Poling|
John F Kennedy; Jack Denove; Greater Houston Ministerial Association.
|注意：||Title supplied by cataloger based on titles in: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce. Freedom of communications. Final report of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, 1961-62, part I, p. 206 and 211.
Probably produced by Jack Denove.
Sponsored by the Kennedy-Johnson Texas Campaign Committee, according to transcripts published in: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce. Freedom of communications. Final report of the Committee on Commerce, United States Senate, 1961-62, part I, p. 207.
Some footage out of sequence.
Kennedy's speech addressing the Catholic issue, preceded by most of the introductory remarks and followed by excerpts from the question and answer period which followed the speech. Kennedy is queried on his ability to meet in a Protestant church, his role in the Poling incident (in which he declined to represent the Catholic Church in an interfaith chapel's dedication ceremony), the persecution of Protestant missionaries in Catholic countries, a resolution requesting that Cardinal Cushing present Kennedy's remarks to the Vatican for approval, and finally, what Kennedy's response would be, should the Catholic Church attempt to direct him in the political arena.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963 -- Religion.
- Poling, Daniel A. -- (Daniel Alfred), -- 1884-1968.
- Chapel of the Four Chaplains (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1960.
- Church and state -- Catholic Church.
- Church and state -- United States.
- Anti-Catholicism -- United States.
- Clergy -- Texas -- Houston Region.
- Clergy conferences.
- Houston (Tex.)