|提及的人：||John F Kennedy; Franklin D Roosevelt; Franklin D Roosevelt|
John F Kennedy; Jack Denove
|注意：||Title supplied by cataloger.
Alternate title on some Archive records: Warm Springs.
Probably produced by Jack Denove.
Production number VT38-5M, according to Archive records.
|其他題名：||Political spots. Kennedy presidential campaign. VT38-5M.
Political spots. Kennedy presidential campaign. Warm Springs.
Excerpts from Kennedy's October 10 speech in Warm Springs, Georgia, home of the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis. Kennedy states that Franklin Roosevelt was the champion of the aged, children, the handicapped, farmers, those that had been forgotten, or who needed a helping hand or a good neighbor. Kennedy could not leave Warm Springs without reminding listeners that "there is still unfinished business for us in the health field." Congress and the next administration must permit Americans over 65 to participate in the development of a trust fund to protect them in their old age without their having to take a pauper's oath to receive medical assistance and care. The U.S. must provide for the development of doctors and nurses and provide loans and scholarships to those who want to study medicine; in some communities there is only one doctor for every 3,000 people. "We must do better." He describes his vision of a strong America, a society that provides a better life, maintains freedom at home, moves ahead, meets its problems, provides employment, develops its resources, so that by the year 2000, when it will be decided whether the world will exist half slave or half free, the world will say, "'We want to be free. We want to do what they have done ... We want to move with freedom. We want to move with the United States.' That is the opportunity before us." "For new American leadership, leadership that cares about people, leadership that is deeply concerned with human problems, let's vote for John Kennedy for president"--Voice over. Opens with footage of people on the grounds, children pushed in wheelchairs, etc.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945 -- Homes and haunts -- Georgia -- Warm Springs.
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1960.
- Medical policy -- United States.
- Medical education policy -- United States.
- Medicine -- Scholarships, fellowships, etc. -- United States.
- Older people -- Medical care -- United States.
- Older people -- Government policy -- United States.
- Social security -- United States.
- Political leadership -- United States.
- Communism and liberty.
- United States -- Foreign public opinion.
- International relations and domestic issues -- United States.