Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Politics of terrorism.
New York : M. Dekker, ©1979
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xiii, 419 pages ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||pt. I. Theoretical approaches to the study of political terrorism. 1. Some characteristics of political terrorism in the 1960s / Ted Robert Gurr : Definitions and data ; Patterns of terrorism, 1961-1970 ; Characteristics of terrorist movements, 1961-1970 ; The objectives of political terrorism, 1961-1970 ; International aspects of political terrorism ; Some conclusions on the conditions and consequences of political terrorism --
2. Urban context of political terrorism / P.N. Grabosky : The recruitment, organization, and logistical support of urban terrorists ; Strategic considerations of insurgent and repressive terrorists ; Urban-oriented tactics ; Targets ; Repressive terror and terror countermeasures --
3. Political disintegration and latent terror / Peter R. Knauss and D.A. Strickland : Theoretical framework ; Case studies ; Conclusions --
4. Societal structure and revolutionary terrorism: a preliminary investigation / Harry R. Targ : Conceptualizations of political terrorism: a critical analysis ; A structural model of political terrorism ; Societal structure, revolutionary organization, and political terrorism ; Incidences of political terrorism ; Conclusion. pt. II. The practice of political terrorism. 5. Transnational terrorism / Edward Micholus : Defining terrorism ; Annual trends ; Geographic trends ; Links of terrorist groups ; The economics of terrorism ; Identity and motivation of transnational terrorists ; Responding to the terrorist threat ; The future of transnational terrorism ; Appendix: Chronology of terrorist activity: January 2-March 9, 1976 --
6. Ethnic and student terrorism in western Europe / Raymond R. Corrado : The evolution of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) ; A history of the German Student Movement and the birth of the Baader-Meinhof Group ; Terrorism in western Europe: concluding remarks --
7. Terrorism in Sub-Sahara Africa / Mary B. Welfling : Colonial Africa ; Independent Black Africa ; Conclusions --
8. Political terrorism in Latin America: a critical analysis / John W. Sloan : Agitational terrorism ; Enforcement terror ; Argentina ; Uruguay ; Brazil --
9. The role of political terrorism in the Palestinian Resistance Movement: June 1967-October 1973 / Vaughn F. Bishop : Terror, terrorism, and the Palestinian case ; Acts of terrorism: June 1967 to October 1973 --
10. Political violence and terrorism in Bengal / Richard C. Hula : Changing patterns of political terrorism in Bengal ; Traditional political violence in Bengal: 1750-1900 ; Nationalist violence: 1900-1947 ; The partition of Bengal ; Political violence in the postindependence period --
11. Terror in the United States: three perspectives / Frederic D. Homer : Terror in a democratic society ; Terror in a violent society ; Terror in a pluralist society ; Conclusion.
|Series Title:||Political science (New York), 9.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Michael Stohl.|