Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
London ; New York, NY : Cassell, ©1996
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0304332755 9780304332755 0304332771 9780304332779|
|Description:||xii, 132 pages ; 26 cm|
|Contents:||pt. 1. Rights and responsibilities --
Introduction: HIV in the health care setting. 1. Issues and ethical implications. 2. Fundamentals. 3. Risk and related issues. 4. Rights and the HIV-positive health care worker. 5. Positive solutions: a nationwide project --
pt. 2. Attitudes and their consequences --
Introduction: attitudes and their consequences. 6. Portrayal of HIV-positive health care workers by the British press. 7. Comments about HIV-positive health care workers. 8. Four case histories of HIV-positive health care workers. 9. Conclusion. 10. Notes for further research. App. A. Department of Health Guidance on the Management of HIV-Infected Health Care Workers.
Positive Carers provides a better understanding of the predicament of HIV-infected health care workers. It is an essential reference for professionals, managers, students and journalists.
- HIV-positive persons -- Great Britain.
- Medical personnel -- Health and hygiene -- Great Britain.
- Medical personnel -- Diseases -- Great Britain.
- HIV-positive persons -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
- Medical personnel -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
- HIV Infections -- prevention & control.
- Infectious Disease Transmission, Professional-to-Patient -- prevention & control.
- Ethics, Medical.
- Health Personnel.
- HIV Seropositivity -- psychology.