온라인으로 문서 찾기
이 항목에 대한 링크
도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Sonny Boy Williamson; Robert Jr Lockwood; Sam Anderson|
|자료 유형:||그래픽, 사진, 그림, 인터넷 자료|
|문서 형식:||시각 자료, 아카이브 자료, 인터넷 자원|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Ken Hubbell; Arkansas History Commission.
|메모:||Title supplied by donor.|
|설명:||1 copy negative : b&w ; 13 x 10 cm. (5 x 4 in.)|
|일련 제목:||Persistence of the Spirit Collection.|
Sonny Boy Williamson was a famous blues musician during the 1940s and 1950s. He was born between 1899 and 1910 under the name Aleck Ford and was also known as Rice Miller or Aleck Miller and grew up in Mississippi and taught himself how to play the harmonica. In the 1930s, he played with Sunny and Slim in Missouri and probably toured other southern states by himself. Beginning in 1941, he performed on KFFA Radio Station in Helena, Arkansas on the "King Biscuit Flour Time" radio program. He left the radio station in 1944 but returned often to perform. In 1951, he began his recording career. He was based in the Memphis area until 1954 when he moved to Detroit. From there he moved to Milwaukee and Cleveland. He spent several years touring the country and went to Europe to perform. In 1965, he returned to Helena and appeared again on "King Biscuit Time" and died May 25, 1965.
Robert Junior Lockwood was born March 27, 1915 at Marvell, Phillips County, Arkansas. He played learned to play the blues on harmonica and guitar from Robert Johnson in Helena, Arkansas, as a teenager. He worked as the partner of Sonny Boy Williamson on the KFFA, King Biscuit time radio show in Helena in the early 1940s.
- Williamson, Sonny Boy, -- -1965.
- Lockwood, Robert Jr., -- 1915-2006.
- Anderson, Sam.
- King Biscuit Four time (Radio program)
- KFFA (Radio station : Helena, Ark.)
- African American musicians -- Arkansas -- Helena.
- Blues musicians -- Arkansas -- Helena.
- Radio programs -- Arkansas -- Helena.
- Postcards -- Arkansas -- Helena.
- African Americans -- Arkansas -- Helena -- 1940-1950.
- Blues music -- Arkansas -- Helena -- 1940-1950.
- Radio stations -- Arkansas -- Helena -- 1940-1950.
- Radio industry -- Arkansas -- Helena -- 1940-1950.
- Postcards -- Arkansas -- Helena -- 1940-1950.