Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Pullan, Brian S.
Poverty and charity.
Aldershot, Hampshire ; Brookfield, Vt. : Variorum, 1994
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Brian S Pullan
|Language Note:||Includes 1 article in Italian.|
|Description:||1 volume (various pagings) ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||Europe. Catholics and the poor in early modern Europe. --
The roles of the state and town in the general crisis of the 1590s. --
Orphans and foundlings in early modern Europe. --
Italy. Poveri, mendicati e vagabondi (secoli XIV-XVII). --
'Support and redeem': charity and poor relief in Italian cities from the 14th to the 17th century. --
'Defettosi, impotenti, inabili': caring for the disabled in early modern Italian cities. --
Plague and perceptions of the poor in early modern Italy. --
Venice. Wage-earners and the Venetian economy, 1550-1630. --
Religious brotherhoods in Venice. --
Houses in the service of the poor in the Venetian Republic. --
The conversion of the Jews: the style of Italy. --
The Scuole Grandi of Venice: some further thoughts.
|Series Title:||Collected studies.|
'This book is a welcome collection of Pullan's work, making many of his most important studies available in one volume.' Sixteenth Century Journal
- Urban poor -- Italy -- History.
- Poor -- Italy -- Venice -- History.
- Urban poor -- Europe -- History.
- Church work with the poor -- Italy -- Catholic Church -- History.
- Church work with the poor -- Italy -- Venice -- Catholic Church -- History.
- Church work with the poor -- Europe -- Catholic Church -- History.
- Church charities -- Italy -- History.
- Church charities -- Italy -- Venice -- History.
- Church charities -- Europe -- History.
- Church charities.
- Church work with the poor -- Catholic Church.
- Urban poor.
- Italy -- Venice.
- Armen (personen)
- Poverty relief -- History
- Charities -- history.
- Poverty -- history.
- Social Work -- history.