Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Carl Stokes; Huey P Newton; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Huey P Newton; Carl Stokes|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Louis Massiah; Terry Kay Rockefeller; Paul Stekler; Jacqueline Shearer; Julian Bond
|Notes:||Originally produced as television programs in 1990.|
|Credits:||"Power!" produced, directed and written by Louis Massiah and Terry Kay Rockefeller; "The promised land" produced, directed and written by Paul Stekler and Jacqueline Shearer.|
|Performer(s):||Narrator: Julian Bond.|
|Description:||2 episodes on 1 videocasette (ca. 60 min. each episode) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|Series Title:||Eyes on the prize, v. 5.|
|Other Titles:||Power!, 1966-1968
Promised land, 1967-1968
Eyes on the prize II (Television program)
"The promised land" shows how Martin Luther King,in the final year of his life, began to organize a Poor People's Campaign, a march of the poor to Washington, D.C., where they would erect Resurrection City to embarrass and motivate a reluctant government. On April 4, 1968, King was assassinated. Soon after its construction, Resurrection City was shut down, marking the end of a chapter of the civil rights movement.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Politics and government.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Stokes, Carl.
- Detroit (Mich.) -- Race relations.
- Detroit (Mich.) -- Politics and government.
- Black Panther Party.
- Newton, Huey P.
- Oakland (Calif.) -- Race relations.
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) -- Race relations.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Documentary television programs.
- Historical television programs.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights movements.
- Political science.
- Race relations.
- California -- Oakland.
- Michigan -- Detroit.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Brooklyn.
- United States.