|类型/形式：||Documentary television programs
Nonfiction television programs
Julian Bond; Blackside, Inc.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); PBS Video.
|注意：||Originally broadcast on PBS as a segment of Eyes on the prize II.
Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
|制作人员：||Editor, Thomas Ott.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. & b&w ; 1/2 in. + 1 guide.|
|其他题名：||Eyes on the prize II (Television program).
|责任：||WGBH ; a production of Blackside ; produced, directed, and written by Louis Massiah, Terry Kay Rockefeller.|
Out of the ashes of the urban rebellions, blacks look for new ways to take control of their communities. This program explores the political path to power for Carl Stokes, the nations first black mayor of a major city. It also describes the founding of the Black Panther Party in Oakland, Calif. and the struggle of black and Hispanic parents in Brooklyn, N.Y. to improve their children's education through community control of the schools.
- Stokes, Carl.
- African Americans -- Political activity -- History.
- Black Panther Party.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Education.
- Segregation -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Race discrimination -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- United States -- Race relations.