|描述：||273 p. ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||Introduction: Be Prepared for Power ----
1. It Takes More Than Performance ---
2. The Personal Qualities That Bring Influence ---
3. Choosing Where to Start ---
4. Getting In: Standing Out and Breaking Some Rules ---
5. Making Something out of Nothing: Creating Resources ---
6. Building Efficient and Effective Social Networks ---
7. Acting and Speaking with Power ---
8. Building a Reputation: Perception Is Reality ---
9. Overcoming Opposition and Setbacks ---
10. The Price of Power ---
11. How-and Why-People Lose Power ---
12. Power Dynamics: Good for Organizations, Good for You? ---
13. It's Easier Than You Think.
Over decades of consulting with corporations and teaching MBA students the nuances of organizational power, Jeffrey Pfeffer has watched numerous people suffer career reversals even as others prevail despite the odds. Our most common mistake is not having a realistic understanding of what makes some people more successful than others. By believing that life is fair, we tend to subscribe to the "just-world phenomenon," which leaves us unprepared for the challenges and competition of the real world. Now Pfeffer brings decades of his incredible insights to a wider audience. Brimming with counterintuitive advice, numerous examples from various countries, and surprising findings based on his research, this groundbreaking guide reveals the strategies and tactics that separate the winners from the losers. Power, he argues, is a force that can be used and harnessed not only for individual gain but also for the benefit of organizations and society. Power, however, is not something that can be learned from those in charge -- their advice often puts a rosy spin on their ascent and focuses on what should have worked, rather than what actually did. Instead, Pfeffer reveals the true paths to power and career success. Iconoclastic and grounded in the realpolitik of human interaction, Power is an essential organizational survival manual and a new standard in the field of leadership and management. -- Book jacket.