Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Franklin D Roosevelt; Claude Augustus Swanson; Homer S Cummings; Joseph Taylor Robinson; Pat Harrison; John J O'Connor; Joseph Wellington Byrns; Robert Lee Doughton; Stanley Forman Reed|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Robert Holmes; Charles Mack; Thomas Bills
|Notes:||Stock footage shot for, but never used in, Hearst Metrotone news.
Title supplied by cataloger based on Hearst index card description.
"Cameraman [sic], Mack, Bills"--Hearst index card.
Date supplied based on edge code; Hearst index card file date was August 7, 1935.
Summary based on Hearst index card description and on viewing.
Rights held by UCLA Film & Television Archive.
|Contents:||Secretary of the Navy Swanson, leaving White House --
Attorney General Homer S. Cummings being interviewed --
Senators Joe Robinson and Pat Harrison --
Harrison, Representative O'Connor, Robinson, Speaker Byrns, Representative Doughton, Stanley Reed, and Homer S. Cummings --
Robinson, Byrns, Doughton, Harrison, and Cummings --
cameramen working --
men, women, and child observing scene --
reporters leaving White House (MOS) --
George R. Holmes explains that the NRA will be continued until the following April, but in skeletonized form. Its principal work will be to collate the information on business and commerce which has been compiled by the old NRA; it will also study the effects of losing the codes. As an example to private industry, the government will enact legislation requiring government contractors to observe standards of hours and wages which conform closely to the old code standards, which were killed by the Supreme Court (in Schechter Poultry Corp. vs. United States). Includes two retakes (sd.).
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Swanson, Claude Augustus, -- 1862-1939.
- Cummings, Homer S. -- (Homer Stillé), -- 1870-1956.
- Robinson, Joseph Taylor, -- 1872-1937.
- Harrison, Pat, -- 1881-1941.
- O'Connor, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1885-1960.
- Byrns, Joseph Wellington, -- 1869-1936.
- Doughton, Robert Lee, -- 1863-1954.
- Reed, Stanley Forman, -- 1884-1980.
- United States. -- National Recovery Administration.
- White House (Washington, D.C.)
- Schechter Poultry Corp. -- Claims vs. United States.
- United States.
- United States. -- Supreme Court.
- Industrial policy -- United States.
- Reporters and reporting -- Washington (D.C.)
- Legislators -- United States.
- Photojournalists -- Washington (D.C.)
- United States -- Officials and employees.