Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Originally produced:
Sunrise Media LLC, 2010
|Named Person:||Bill D Moyers|
|Material Type:||Clipart/images/graphics, Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Films on Demand.; Films Media Group.|
|Notes:||Title from resource description page (viewed Dec. 08, 2010).
"This Bill Moyers program features news correspondent Richard Strout, who covered Washington and the White House from 1925 to his retirement in 1984. Strout?s reports, filed for the Christian Science Monitor and The New Republic, are studied here not only as chronicles of American history but as milestones circumscribing our nation?s capital?and its evolution from a?small town? to the nerve center of the free world. Strout speaks with Bill Moyers about presidents from Coolidge to Reagan, about Congressional lions, about mighty visitors like Winston Churchill, and about breath-taking speeches like Lyndon Johnson?s impassioned plea for the Civil Rights Act. (57 minutes)."
|Description:||1 streaming video (52 minutes.)|
|Details:||Mode of access: Internet.|
|Contents:||Bill Moyers on Washington D.C. and William Strout (4:31) --
Experiences with Warren G. Harding (4:53) --
Scandals in Washington (4:36) --
Winston Churchill in Washington (4:15) --
Herbert Hoover on Television (2:44) --
Presidents and Televised Press Conferences (7:27) --
President Calvin Coolidge (4:06) --
Outstanding Congressional Speakers (8:50) --
Moments with Harry Truman (5:51) --
Moments with Nikita Khrushchev (2:33) --
Notes on D-Day (2:40) --
America's Coming of Age (2:19) --
Credits: Presidents and Politics with Richard Strout (1:53).
|Series Title:||A Walk Through the 20th Century with Bill Moyers|
- Moyers, Bill D.
- World War, 1939-1945.
- Political activists -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Jazz -- History and criticism.
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953.
- United States -- Politics and government -- Study and teaching.
- United States -- History -- 1969-
- United States -- History -- 1961-1969.
- United States -- History -- 1953-1961.
- United States -- History -- 1945-1953.
- United States -- History -- 1901-1953.
- United States -- History -- Study and teaching.