Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Meredith, Robert C.
Professional story writer and his art.
New York, Crowell 
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert C Meredith; John Dennis Fitzgerald
|Description:||467 pages 22 cm|
|Contents:||1. How to Write Salable Short Stories by Using Exaggerated Complications --
2. How Three Curves are Used in Fiction --
3. How to Plot Formula and Chronological Stories --
4. How Structure is Used in the Quality Story --
5. How Structure is Used in the Quality Story (Cont.) --
6. How to Select Point of View in the Story --
7. How Professional Writers Employ Exposition, Description, Action, and Narration --
and the use of Symbolism --
8. The Techniques of Characterization and how Professional Writers Employ them --
9. The Techniques of Craftsmanship and how Professional Writers Employ them --
10. How to Avoid Cliches, and the use of Types and Stereotypes --
11. How to Select a Reputable Agent, Critic, or Consultant --
12. How to Prepare a Manuscript for Submission.
|Responsibility:||by Robert C. Meredith and John D. Fitzgerald.|