Paul Saltzman; Patricia Aquino; Morgan Freeman; RTM Productions.; HBO Documentary Films.; Kinosmith Inc.
|注意：||Title from container.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2008.
Special features: Deleted scenes (18 min.) ; Interview with the filmmakers (22 min.) ; Theatrical trailer (2 min.) ; Filmmaker bio ; About Docurama ; Docurama trailers.
|餘額：||Executive producer, Sheila Nevins ; cinematography, Bongo, Don Warren, Paul Saltzman ; editor, Stephen Philipson ; music, Jack Lenz, Asher Lenz.|
|針對讀者群：||Canadian Home Video Rating: G.|
|描述：||1 videodisc (approximately 89 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|詳述：||DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby digital 2.0 sound.|
|叢書名：||Hot docs collection.|
|責任：||HBO Documentary Films and RTM Productions ; directed & produced by Paul Saltzman ; produced by Patricia Aquino.|
In 1997, actor Morgan Freeman, a resident of the small town of Charleston, Mississippi, offered to pay for the senior prom at Charleston High School under one condition: the prom must be racially integrated. His offer was ignored. In 2008 he offered again, and the offer was accepted, changing the tradition of two separate proms for blacks and whites that had endured since the high school was integrated in 1970. Shows the problems and lessons learned as the event was planned and held. With comments from Morgan Freeman, students, and others. Intended to explore attitudes of racial intolerance that still persist today. In 2008, Charleston High School had 415 students, 70% black and 30% white.
Home use only.
- Charleston High School (Charleston, Miss.) -- Proms.
- High school seniors -- Mississippi -- Charleston -- Conduct of life.
- Racism -- Mississippi -- Charleston.
- Race relations.
- Interracial dating -- Mississippi -- Charleston.
- Interracial friendship -- Mississippi -- Charleston.
- School integration -- Mississippi -- Charleston -- Proms.
- Prejudices -- Mississippi -- Charleston.
- Documentary films.
- Mississippi -- Race relations.
- United States -- Race relations.
- Racisme -- Mississippi -- Charleston.
- Charleston High School (Charleston, Mississ.)
- États-Unis -- Relations raciales.