|提及的人：||Martin Luther King, Jr.|
Julian Bond; Henry Hampton; Madison Davis Lacey; Blackside, Inc.; PBS Video.; WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
|注意：||Originally broadcast on PBS.
Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
|制作人员：||Executive producer, Henry Hampton ; series writer, Steve Fayer ; directors of photography, Robert Shepard, Michael Chin ; editor, Lillian Benson ; narrator, Julian Bond.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. & b&w ; 1/2 in. + 1 guide.|
|丛书名：||Eyes on the prize II, program 4.|
|其他题名：||Promised land, 1967-1968|
|责任：||a production of Blackside ; WGBH ; produced, directed and written by Paul Stekler, Jacqueline Shearer.|
In the final year of Martin Luther King's life, the movement turned its attention to the economic issues confronting the nation and the ramblings of a far off war in Vietnam. Moved by the increasing level of poverty, King and his followers organized the Poor People's Campaign, a march of the poor to Washington, D.C. where they would build Resurrection City. After King's assassination in Memphis in 1968, his followers struggled to maintain the campaign. Part 4 of 8.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- Poor People's Campaign.
- Segregation -- United States -- History.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.
- Race discrimination -- Law and legislation -- United States.
- United States -- Race relations.
- Resurrection City (Washington, D.C.)
- Films for the hearing impaired.