Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Prayers and devotions
|Material Type:||Original artwork, Picture, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Frederick Lewis; Catholic Church.; Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department.; Free Library of Philadelphia.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Script: Written in proto-gothic.
Decoration: One cutting with miniature.
Materials: Parchment with ink, paint, and gold.
Shelfmark: Philadelphia, Free Library of Philadelphia, MS Lewis E M 44:3B.
Lewis E M 2A, 3A, 3B, and 3C are from the same manuscript. Cutting is mounted on a mat. From the same scriptorium as Morgan M280 (see calendar for close match to 44:3B and C) and M275, also Breslauer #33. Probably same ms. as Morgan M275.
|Description:||1 cutting (from a Psalter) : parchment, illustrations ; 95 x 50 mm|
|Contents:||Calendar illustration for the month of July on reverse.|
|Other Titles:||Psalter (Ms. Free Library of Philadelphia. Lewis E M 44:3B)|
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Romanesque -- Germany.
- Psalters -- Germany.
- Illuminations -- Germany -- 13th century.
- Daggers & swords.
- Religious calendars.
- Catholic Church.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Romanesque.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.