|注意：||"A movie called Precious, based on the novel, was released to international acclaim and has received many awards, among them the Grand Jury Prize and the Sundance Film Festival and the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival."--Jacket.|
|描述：||141 pages ; 20 cm|
A self-portrait of a black teenage girl, big, fat, unloved, with a father who rapes her and a jealous mother who screams abuse. For Precious, as she is called, hope appears when a courageous teacher, a young black woman, bullies, cajoles and inspires her to learn to read. By the author of American Dreams.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Teenage mothers -- Fiction.
- African American girls -- Fiction.
- Child abuse -- Fiction.
- Literacy -- Fiction.
- Incest -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- African American Authors and Illustrators(100 资料)
由 BelleoftheBook 已更新 2015-02-05
- Fiction(88 资料)
由 ahythloday 已更新 2015-01-15
- Banned Books Week 2011(46 资料)
由 nashvillepubliclibrary 已更新 2014-10-29
- African American Authors(125 资料)
由 ReadAcrossAmerica 已更新 2014-02-19
- Celebration of African-American Fiction - African American History Month(153 资料)
由 carteretlibraries 已更新 2014-02-06