|注意：||"A movie called Precious, based on the novel, was released to international acclaim and has received many awards, among them the Grand Jury Prize and the Sundance Film Festival and the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival." --Book jacket.|
|描述：||141 p. ; 20 cm.|
A self-portrait of a black teenage girl, big, fat, unloved, with a father who rapes her and a jealous mother who screams abuse. For Precious, as she is called, hope appears when a courageous teacher, a young black woman, bullies, cajoles and inspires her to learn to read. By the author of American Dreams.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Teenage mothers -- Fiction.
- African American girls -- Fiction.
- Child abuse -- Fiction.
- Literacy -- Fiction.
- Incest -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- African American Authors(125 资料)
由 ReadAcrossAmerica 已更新 2014-02-19
- Potential Books for Contemp Education Article(16 资料)
由 WorkingRachel 已更新 2013-09-07
- from a book to a movie(437 资料)
由 bstar1019 已更新 2013-09-05
- Things to Check Out(481 资料)
由 Biotech 已更新 2013-04-13
- Celebration of African-American Fiction - African American History Month(153 资料)
由 carteretlibraries 已更新 2014-02-06