Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, State or province government publication|
|Document Type:||Book, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Kim Cary Warren
|ISBN:||9780807833964 0807833967 9780807871379 0807871370|
|Description:||xiv, 229 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Origins, ideology, and racial hierarchies. Reformers: "friends of the Indians" and "friends of the Negroes" --
Curriculum: acquiring the habits of citizenship --
Strategies of negotiation. Students: Native American negotiations at Haskell Institute --
Parents: African American integration on the "plateau of uncertainty" --
New leaders in the twentieth century. Teachers: from industrial education to African American race pride --
Identity: Native American biculturalism --
Conclusion. Unintended consequences: the next generation.
|Responsibility:||Kim Cary Warren.|
"A thoughtful examination of the educational, philosophical, and developmental history of nonwhite peoples in the United States, highly recommended as a worthy addition to college and public library
- African Americans -- Education -- Kansas -- History.
- Indians of North America -- Education -- Kansas -- History.
- Racism in education -- Kansas -- History.
- Segregation in education -- Kansas -- History.
- Educational change -- Kansas -- History.
- Education and state -- Kansas -- History.
- African Americans -- Education.
- Education and state.
- Educational change.
- Indians of North America -- Education.
- Racism in education.
- Segregation in education.