James Oliver Horton; C C H Pounder; Larry Adelman; Llewellyn Smith; Joseph L Graves; Alan H Goodman; Melvin L Oliver; Mae Ngai; Matthew Frye Jacobson; Eduardo Bonilla-Silva; Pilar N Ossorio; John A Powell; Bill Griffith; Dalton Conley; Beverly Daniel Tatum; Independent Television Service.; California Newsreel (Firm)
|制作人员：||Executive producer, Larry Adelman ; music, Claudio Ragazzi; editors, Chuck Scott, Andrea Williams ; camera, Tom Fahey.|
|演员：||Commentary: Joseph Graves, Jr., Alan Goodman, Melvin Oliver, Mae Ngai, Matthew Jacobson, Eduardo Bonilla-Silva, Pilar Ossorio, James Horton, John A. Powell, Bill Griffin, Dalton Conley, Beverly Tatum.
Narrator: C.C.H. Pounder.
|描述：||1 videodisc (56 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|其他题名：||Power of an illusion.
House we live in
|责任：||produced by Llewellyn M. Smith ; Independent Television Service.|
A three part series exploring the history of race perceptions and behaviors towards races in the United States, within the context of recent scientific discoveries which have toppled the concept of biological race. Episode three focuses on how institutions shape and create race, giving different groups vastly unequal life chances. After WWII, whiteness increasingly meant owning a home in the suburbs, aided by discriminatory federal policies. European "ethnics," blended in to reap the advantages of whiteness while African Americans and other nonwhites were locked out. Advances have been made since the Civil Rights Movement but the playing field is still not level.
- Race -- History.
- Racism -- United States -- History.
- Race awareness -- United States -- History.
- Race -- Social aspects.
- Equality -- United States.
- Discrimination in housing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Discrimination in housing -- Law and legislation -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Housing -- History -- 20th century.
- Housing policy -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Cultural assimilation -- History.
- African Americans -- Public opinion -- History.
- Asian Americans -- Public opinion -- History.
- Japanese Americans -- Public opinion -- History.
- European Americans -- Race identity.
- Levittown (N.Y.) -- History.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Social aspects.
- United States -- Race relations -- History.