Detective and mystery stories
Detective and mystery fiction
New York : Ballantine Books, ©2005
|ISBN:||034546706X 9780345467065 0345467078 9780345467072 0718148312 9780718148317|
|描述：||365 pages ; 25 cm.|
Troy Turner and Rand Duchay were barely teenagers when they kidnapped and murdered a younger child. Troy, a remorseless sociopath, died violently behind bars. But the hulking, slow witted Rand managed to survive his stretch. Now, at age twenty-one, he's emerged a haunted, rootless young man with a pressing need to talk once again with psychologist Alex Delaware. But the young killer comes to a brutal end, that conversation never takes place. Or has someone waited for eight patient years to dine on ice-cold revenge? Both seem strong possibilities to Sturgis, but Delaware's suspicions run deeper and darker. Because fear in the voice of the grownup Rand Duchay, and his eerie final words to Alex "I'm not a bad person" betray untold secrets. Buried revelations so horrendous, and so damning, they're worth killing for. As Delaware and Sturgis retrace their steps through a grisly murder case that devastated a community, they discover a chilling legacy of madness, suicide, and multiple killings left in its wake, and even uglier truths waiting to be unearthed. And the nearer they come to understanding an unspeakable crime, the more harrowingly close they get to unmasking a monster hiding in plain sight.
- Delaware, Alex (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Sturgis, Milo (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Police -- California -- Los Angeles -- Fiction.
- Juvenile justice, Administration of -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Psychologists -- Fiction.
- Psychologist-detectives -- Fiction.
- Juvenile justice system -- Fiction.
- Crimes against children -- Fiction.
- Los Angeles, California -- Fiction.
- Delaware, Alex (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Sturgis, Milo (Fictional character) -- Fiction.
- Police -- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Administration of justice -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- Victims of crimes -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- Mystery fiction.