Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Cartoons (humorous images)
Personal narratives, British
|Named Person:||Enid Bagnold; Silvia Baker; Edmund Blunden; Bryher; T S Eliot; Vivienne Eliot; Aurelia Bolliger Hodgson; Ralph Hodgson; Norman Holmes Pearson; I A Richards; George William Russell; Siegfried Sassoon; Dorothy Hall Smith; W Bevan Whitney|
|Material Type:||Biography, Fiction, Graphic, Manuscript, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Book, Map, Internet Resource, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ralph Hodgson; Siegfried Sassoon
|Description:||47.6 linear feet (79 boxes) + 3 broadside folders.|
Writings include a few items by Hodgson, including typescript drafts of "Memories of Poets, 1910-1920" and for an anthology Hodgson never published of English prose and verse entitled "Without Comment." Writings by Others includes T.S. Eliot's "Lines to Ralph Hodgson, Esqre." and "How unpleasant to know Mr. Eliot!" Artwork includes sketchbooks and cartoons by Hodgson, as well as works by others, including two sketches of Hodgson, and a self-portrait by George William Russell. Also present in the collection are pamphlets, maps, clippings, musical settings of Hodgson's poems, as well as photographs of Hodgson and his dogs.
The Siegfried Sassoon Collection includes writings, photographs, artwork, and printed material. There are corrected galleys and proofs of a number of Sassoon's books, as well as fair copies of over fifty poems, approximately seventy photographs of Sassoon with Hodgson, and his family.
- Bagnold, Enid.
- Baker, Silvia.
- Blunden, Edmund, -- 1896-1974.
- Bryher, -- 1894-1983.
- Eliot, T. S. -- (Thomas Stearns), -- 1888-1965.
- Eliot, Vivienne, -- 1888-1947.
- Hodgson, Aurelia Bolliger.
- Hodgson, Ralph, -- 1871-1962.
- Pearson, Norman Holmes, -- 1909-1975.
- Richards, I. A. -- (Ivor Armstrong), -- 1893-1979.
- Russell, George William, -- 1867-1935.
- Sassoon, Siegfried, -- 1886-1967.
- Smith, Dorothy Hall.
- Whitney, W. Bevan.
- American poetry -- 20th century.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Authors, Japanese -- 20th century.
- Bull terrier.
- English poetry -- 20th century.
- Poets, American -- 20th century.
- Poets, English -- 20th century -- Archives.
- Poets, English -- 20th century.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, British.