Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Plaques (flat objects)
|Named Person:||William Rounseville Alger; William Allingham; Anne C Lynch Botta; Victor David Brenner; Thomas Carlyle; Elliot C Cowdin; Wilbur L Cross; Ellen Tucker Emerson; P H Emerson; Ralph Waldo Emerson; William Emerson; James Thomas Fields; Charles Ganz; W J Linton; Joseph Neuberg; Eliza Brush Pirsson; Louis V Pirsson; Alexander Milton Ross; Townsend Scudder; E C Towne|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ralph Waldo Emerson; Eliza Brush Pirsson; Henry Septimus Sutton
|Description:||1.33 linear ft. (2 boxes) + 1 broadside folder.|
Series I, Owen Franklin Aldis Gift, is organized into two subseries: Correspondence and Writings. The correspondence consists of letters from Emerson to others, including author and clergyman William Rounseville Alger, Anne C. Botta, publisher James Thomas Fields, and William James Linton. There are three holograph leaves of the manuscript Parnassus.
Series II, Kenneth W. Cameron Gifts, is organized into two subseries: Correspondence and Writings. Correspondence contains several outgoing letters, including three letters to Irish poet William Allingham, and one third party letter from Emerson's father William to his sister Rebecca. Writings contains holograph notes for a lecture on Emerson by Henry Septimus Sutton.
Series III, Mrs. Richard Gimbel Gift, is organized into two subseries: Corespondence and Writings. The Gimbel gift contains a single letter from Emerson to Edward Cornelius Towne and holograph manuscripts of five poems.
Series IV, Eliza Brush Pirsson Gift, is organized in two subseries: Correspondence and Other Material. The Pirsson gift includes third party correspondence relating to Emerson and Thomas Carlyle, drafts of a manuscript by Pirsson, and a daguerreotype of Emerson. There are letters between Eliza Brush Pirsson, Louis Valentine Pirsson, and Wilbur L. Cross, and one letter from Carlyle to Joseph Neuberg.
Series V, Material from Other Sources, is organized into three subseries: Correspondence, Artwork, and Other Papers. Correspondence includes letters from Emerson to Elliot C. Cowdin and Alexander Milton Ross. There are third party letters from Emerson's daughter, Ellen Tucker Emerson, and from Peter Henry Emerson. Other letters to Charles Ganz, from The British Journal of Photography and the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain, concern the death of Peter Henry Emerson. Artwork contains photographs of Emerson and his home in Concord, Massachusetts, and representations of Emerson in engravings, a lithograph, a photogravure, and two bronze plaques by Victor David Brenner.
- Alger, William Rounseville, -- 1822-1905.
- Allingham, William, -- 1824-1889.
- Botta, Anne C. Lynch -- (Anne Charlotte Lynch), -- 1815-1891.
- Brenner, Victor David, -- 1871-1924.
- Carlyle, Thomas, -- 1795-1881.
- Cowdin, Elliot C. -- (Elliot Christopher), -- 1819-1880.
- Cross, Wilbur L. -- (Wilbur Lucius), -- 1862-1948.
- Emerson, Ellen Tucker.
- Emerson, P. H. -- (Peter Henry), -- 1856-1936.
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, -- 1803-1882.
- Emerson, William, -- 1769-1811.
- Fields, James Thomas, -- 1817-1881.
- Ganz, Charles.
- Linton, W. J. -- (William James), -- 1812-1897.
- Neuberg, Joseph, -- 1806-1867.
- Pirsson, Eliza Brush.
- Pirsson, Louis V. -- (Louis Valentine), -- 1860-1919.
- Ross, Alexander Milton, -- 1832-1897.
- Scudder, Townsend, -- 1900-
- Towne, E. C. -- (Edward Cornelius), -- 1834-1911.
- Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain.
- American literature -- 19th century.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Archives.
- Concord (Mass.)