|类型/形式：||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|提及的人：||J K Rowling; J K Rowling; Harry Potter, (Fictitious character); Joanne Kathleen Rowling; Joanne Kathleen Rowling; J K Rowling; Harry Potter, (Fictitious character); Joanne K Rowling|
|ISBN:||1403912645 9781403912640 1403912653 9781403912657|
|描述：||vii, 185 pages ; 23 cm|
|内容：||Book covers --
Children and adults --
The seriousness of social and political effects --
Text-to-world assumptions (some general definitions) --
A thought about open and closed texts --
The irrelevance of J.K. Rowling --
Children's literature --
Fantasy literature --
Religious perspectives --
Locations and limitations --
Three worlds --
Repetition and progression --
Evasive allusions --
Servants and slaves --
The question of class --
The magic system of advertising --
Movie magic --
"This is the first extended, text-based analysis of the social and political implications of the Harry Potter phenomenon. The book's arguments are primarily based on close readings of the first four Harry Potter books and the first two films. This study does not assume that the phenomenon concerns children alone, or should be lightly dismissed as a matter of pure entertainment. The amount of money, media coverage and ideological unease involved indicates otherwise. The first part provides a survey of responses (of both general readers and critics) to the Harry Potter books. Some of the methodological decisions underlying this study itself are also explained here. The second part examines the presentation of certain themes, including gender, race and desire, in the Harry Potter books, with a view to understanding how these may impinge on the social and political concerns of our world."--Jacket.
- Rowling, J. K. -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Children -- Books and reading -- English-speaking countries.
- Children's stories, English -- History and criticism.
- Fantasy fiction, English -- History and criticism.
- Rowling, J. K. -- Characters -- Harry Potter.
- Potter, Harry -- (Fictitious character)
- Wizards in literature.
- Magic in literature.
- Rowling, Joanne Kathleen, -- 1897 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Rowling, Joanne Kathleen, -- 1897 -- Characters -- Harry Potter.
- Children -- Books and reading -- English speaking countries.
- Rowling, J. K.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Children's stories, English.
- Fantasy fiction, English.
- English-speaking countries.
- Harry Potter.
- Rowling, Joanne K. -- Harry Potter.