Picture books for children
Biography Juvenile literature
|提及的人：||Buzz Aldrin; Buzz Aldrin|
|材料类型：||传记, 少年观众, 音乐|
Buzz Aldrin; Wendell Minor
|ISBN:||0060554452 9780060554453 0060554460 9780060554460 9780060554477 0060554479 9781606860267 1606860267|
|奖励：||Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children (2006).|
|描述：|| p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.|
|丛书名：||Outstanding science trade books for students K-12 (awards)|
|责任：||Buzz Aldrin ; paintings by Wendell Minor.|
I Walked on the Moon. This is my journey. It didn't begin when I stepped on board Apollo 11 on July 16, 1969. It began the day I was born -- Edwin Eugene Aldrin Jr., whom everyone called Buzz. Becoming an astronaut took more than education, discipline, and physical strength. It took years of determination and believing that any goal is possible -- from riding a bike alone across the George Washington Bridge at age ten to making a footprint on the Moon. I always knew the Moon was within my reach -- and that I was ready to be part of the team that would achieve the first landing. But it was still hard to believe when I took my first step onto the Moon's surface. We all have our own dreams -- this is the story of how mine came true.
- Aldrin, Buzz -- Juvenile literature.
- Astronauts -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- Space flight to the moon -- Juvenile literature.
- Project Apollo (U.S.) -- Juvenile literature.
- Aldrin, Buzz.
- Space flight to the moon.
- Project Apollo (U.S.)
- Juvenile Nonfiction.
- Children's 9-12.
- Children's Books/Ages 4-8 Nonfiction.
- Children: Grades 2-3.
- Biography & Autobiography -- General.
- Biography & Autobiography -- Science & Technology.
- Juvenile Nonfiction -- Biography & Autobiography -- General.
- Juvenile Nonfiction -- History -- Exploration & Discovery.
- Juvenile Nonfiction -- Technology -- Aeronautics, Astronautics & Space Science.
- Technology -- Aeronautics, Astronautics & Space Science.
- Juvenile literature.
- United States.