|注意：||Revised edition of: The new read-aloud handbook. 1989.|
|描述：||xxvi, 387 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|内容：||1. Why Read Aloud? --
2. When to Begin Read-Aloud --
3. The Stages of Read-Aloud --
4. The Dos and Don'ts of Read-Aloud --
5. Read-Aloud Success Stories --
6. Home, School, and Public Libraries --
7. Television --
8. Sustained Silent Reading: Reading-Aloud's Natural Partner --
9. How to Use the Treasury --
10. Treasury of Read-Alouds. Wordless Books. Predictable/Cumulative Books. Picture Reference Books. Picture Books. Short Novels. Novels. Poetry. Anthologies. Fairy and Folk Tales --
Appendix: A Note for Doomsayers Who Think Things Have Never Been Worse.
Jim Trelease explains how reading aloud awakens children's imaginations and improves their language skills; how to begin reading aloud and which books to choose; how to create an atmosphere in the home and classroom that welcomes readers; how to compete with the influences of television and video games; and the facts about children, reading, and television viewing.