Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Criticism and interpretation
|Named Person:||Pat Mora; Pat Mora; James Welch|
|Material Type:||Internet resource, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.); Annenberg/CPB.|
|Language Note:||Closed captioned.|
|Notes:||Supporting web site includes an interactive forum, background articles, and further information on each of the eight segments.
Graduate credit video workshop explores the richness of multicultural literature through four pedagogical approaches to teaching it: reader response, inquiry, cultural studies, and critical pedagogy.
|Details:||Mode of access: Windows Media Player, World Wide Web.|
|Contents:||Introduction (3 min.) --
Pat Mora (30 min.) --
James Welch (24 min.).
|Series Title:||Expanding canon : teaching multicultural literature in high school, 1.|
|Other Titles:||Pat Mora and James Welch
|Responsibility:||produced by Thirteen/WNET New York in collaboration with the National Council of Teachers of English.|
- Mora, Pat -- Interviews.
- Mora, Pat. -- My own true name : new and selected poems for young adults, 1984-1999 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Welch, James, -- 1940-2003 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Poetry -- Study and teaching.
- Mexican American poets -- Study and teaching.
- Native American authors -- Study and teaching.
- American poetry -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
- Literature -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
- Creative writing (Secondary education)
- Comparative literature.
- Language arts (Secondary)
- Women poets -- Study and teaching.
- Multicultural education.
- Professional education.
- Teachers' workshops.