Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Heather M Gray; Samantha Phillips; Ellen Forney
|Description:||xv, 221 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm|
|Contents:||The beauty standard: wasting our time on perfection. The fashion/ the bull about beauty --
An image of our own --
Body image: can't get no satisfaction? Real bodies: loving the one you have --
Where the fat girls are and proud of it --
Eating disorders: when eating goes way out of order. The hungry self --
Getting help for eating problems --
Take a good look down there: menstruation, anatomy, orgasms and masturbation. Your vagina is your friend --
Taking back our health --
Coming to terms with our sexuality. Let's talk about sex --
Out and about --
We're here, we're queer --
Love in the '90s: being in charge of our sexuality. Making sex safer --
Reality check: teen pregnancy and motherhood --
Recovering from sexual assault --
Feminism: what is it, and do we care? Pandora's pages --
Feminists organize --
Feminism grrri style --
Conclusion: Be true to yourself always.
|Responsibility:||by Heather M. Gray & Samantha Phillips ; illustrated by Ellen Forney.|
- Teenage girls -- Psychology -- Juvenile literature.
- Self-esteem in adolescence -- Juvenile literature.
- Self-perception in adolescence -- Juvenile literature.
- Sexual ethics -- Juvenile literature.
- Beauty, Personal -- Juvenile literature.
- Feminine beauty (Aesthetics) -- Juvenile literature.
- Teenage girls.
- Conduct of life.
- Beauty, Personal.
- Feminine beauty (Aesthetics)
- Self-esteem in adolescence.
- Self-perception in adolescence.
- Sexual ethics.
- Teenage girls -- Psychology.