Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780807050477 0807050474 0807033324 9780807033326|
|Description:||xvi, 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||National honor, public mythology : the passing of Rosa Parks --
"A life history of being rebellious" : the early years of Rosa McCauley Parks --
"It was very difficult to keep going when all our work seemed to be in vain" : the Civil Rights movement before the Bus Boycott --
"I had been pushed as far as I could stand to be pushed" : Rosa Parks's bus stand --
"There lived a great people" : the Montgomery Bus Boycott --
"It is fine to be a heroine but the price is high" : the suffering of Rosa Parks --
"The Northern promised land that wasn't" : Rosa Parks and the Black Freedom struggle in Detroit --
"Any move to show we are dissatisfied" : Mrs. Parks in the Black Power era --
"Racism is still alive" : negotiating the politics of being a symbol.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005.
- African American women civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- Women civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- Civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Race relations.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Biography.