|提及的人：||Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks; Rosa Parks|
|ISBN:||9780807050477 0807050474 0807050482 9780807050484 0807033324 9780807033326 0807076929 9780807076927|
|描述：||xvi, 304 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|内容：||National honor, public mythology : the passing of Rosa Parks --
"A life history of being rebellious" : the early years of Rosa McCauley Parks --
"It was very difficult to keep going when all our work seemed to be in vain" : the Civil Rights movement before the Bus Boycott --
"I had been pushed as far as I could stand to be pushed" : Rosa Parks's bus stand --
"There lived a great people" : the Montgomery Bus Boycott --
"It is fine to be a heroine but the price is high" : the suffering of Rosa Parks --
"The northern promised land that wasn't" : Rosa Parks and the Black Freedom struggle in Detroit --
"Any move to show we are dissatisfied" : Mrs. Parks in the Black Power era --
"Racism is still alive" : negotiating the politics of being a symbol.
The definitive political biography of Rosa Parks examines her six decades of activism, challenging perceptions of her as an accidental actor in the civil rights movement and presenting a corrective to the popular notion of Rosa Parks.
- Parks, Rosa, -- 1913-2005.
- Parks, Rosa -- 1913-2005
- African American women civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- Civil rights workers -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Biography.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century.
- Segregation in transportation -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- History -- 20th century.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Race relations.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Biography.
- African American women civil rights workers.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Civil rights workers.
- Race relations.
- Segregation in transportation.
- Alabama -- Montgomery.