Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Norton, David J. (David Jeffrey), 1945-
Rebellious younger brother.
DeKalb : Northern Illinois University Press, ©2009
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David J Norton
|Description:||x, 239 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||The Oneida during war, in the 1750s --
The Oneida at peace, 1760-1765 --
The Oneida as diplomats, 1765-1770 --
The Oneida as neutrals, 1770-1776 --
The Oneida as rebels, 1777-1783 --
The Oneida as survivors, 1784-1800 --
Conclusion: Oneida leadership maintained, 1750-1800 --
Appendixes: 1. Names of Oneida and Tuscarora participants at Fort Stanwix conference --
2. Oneida members involved at the treaty of Fort Stanwix --
3. Petitioners to the state of New York to lease land to Peter Smith --
4. Oneida signatories to an act relative to the lands appropriated by the state of New York --
5. Oneida signers of letter to Timothy Pickering complaining about Samuel Kirkland --
6. Oneida overseers of East and West ends of Kanowalohale.
|Responsibility:||David J. Norton.|
"Norton offers a personal and meaningful account of the Oneidas during the revolution and a structured analysis of the ways in which the war altered Oneida leadership." - Daniel Barr, Robert Morris