|描述：||382 pages ; 24 cm|
Kate is in the middle of the biggest meeting of her career when she gets the telephone call from Grace Hall, her daughter's exclusive private school in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Amelia has been suspended, effective immediately, and Kate must come get her daughter now. But Kate's stress over leaving work quickly turns to panic when she arrives at the school and finds it surrounded by police officers, fire trucks, and an ambulance. By then it's already too late for Amelia. And for Kate. An academic overachiever despondent over getting caught cheating has jumped to her death. At least that is the story Grace Hall tells Kate. And clouded as she is by her guilt and grief, it is the one she forces herself to believe. Until she gets an anonymous text: She didn't jump. The novel is about secret first loves, old friendships, and an all-girls club steeped in tradition. But, most of all, it's the story of how far a mother will go to vindicate the memory of a daughter whose life she couldn't save.
- Mothers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Private schools -- Fiction.
- Cheating (Education) -- Fiction.
- Suicide -- Fiction.
- Guilt -- Fiction.
- Park Slope (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- Cheating (Education)
- Mothers and daughters.
- Private schools.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Brooklyn.
- New York (State) -- New York -- Park Slope.
- Year 12: Wuthering Heights(25 资料)
由 lowtherlrc 已更新 2014-07-15
- itruong2014-05(26 资料)
由 itruong 已更新 2014-05-27
- books read(132 资料)
由 email@example.com 已更新 大约一个月前
- 2013 - New Nonfiction Titles (304 资料)
由 nblibrary 已更新 2014-01-02
- Most popular additions for April 2013(100 资料)
由 jamesfitch 已更新 2013-05-01