도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Simpson, Brooks D.
Lawrence : University Press of Kansas, c1998
|명시된 사람:||Abraham Lincoln; Andrew Johnson; Ulysses S Grant; Rutherford Birchard Hayes; Ulysses S Grant; Rutherford Birchard Hayes; Abraham Lincoln; Andrew Johnson|
|자료 유형:||정부 간행물, 주 또는 도 정부 간행물|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Brooks D Simpson
|설명:||xi, 276 p. ; 24 cm.|
|내용:||pt. 1. Abraham Lincoln --
ch. 1. Broken eggs cannot be mended --
ch. 2. Much good work is already done --
pt. 2. Andrew Johnson --
ch. 3. There is no such thing as reconstruction --
ch. 4. Damn them! --
pt. 3. Ulysses S. Grant --
ch. 5. Let us have peace --
ch. 6. Unwhipped of justice --
pt. 4. Rutherford B. Hayes --
ch. 7. Great pacificator.
|책임:||Brooks D. Simpson.|
Brooks Simpson examines the policies of each administration in depth and evaluates them in terms of their political, social, and institutional contexts. Simpson explains what was politically possible at a time when federal authority and presidential power were more limited than they are now. He compares these four leaders' handling of similar challenges - such as the retention of political support and the need to build a southern base for their policies - in different ways and under different circumstances, and he discusses both their use of executive power and the impact of their personal beliefs on their actions.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1865-1877.
- Presidents -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865.
- Johnson, Andrew, -- 1808-1875.
- Grant, Ulysses S. -- (Ulysses Simpson), -- 1822-1885.
- Hayes, Rutherford Birchard, -- 1822-1893.
- Reconstruction (1865-1877)
- Grant, Ulysses S.
- Hayes, Rutherford Birchard.
- Lincoln, Abraham.
- Johnson, Andrew.