Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gerald D Musich; Poole Brothers.
|Notes:||Entries, which occupy p. 2-135, are arranged in ten columns on 2-page blue-lined spreads, with column titles in red: "Date of application"; "In whose name"; "Title of subject"; "By whom ordered"; "C[er]t[i]f[icate] no."; "Date copies were sent"; "OK'd by whom"; "Date of pub."; and "Remarks."
Pages 1, 136-148 are blank.
In several hands.
Half-binding of black cloth-covered boards, with green leather spine and corners; brown endpapers.
In phase box.
For additional information, consult the Special Collections Info File.
|Description:||148 p., bound ; 21 x 32 cm.|
A large percentage of the entries are for maps which were printed using the wax engraving process, although other entries for brochures, booklets, catalogs, and the occassional book are also recorded. Many of the copyright entries were made in the name of Poole Bros., as well as individuals and companies (principally in Chicago or the Midwest) such as Chicago and Northwestern Railway Co., Pacific Coast Steamship Co., Eaton Bros., Illinois Central Railroad, Wisconsin Highway Commission, Taylor Forge and Pipe Works, Chicago Rollerl Skate Co., Hart, Schaffner & Marx, Lyon & Healy, and United Airlines.
- Poole Brothers -- Records and correspondence.
- Printers -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Printers -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Printing industry -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Printing industry -- Illinois -- Chicago -- History -- 20th century -- Sources.
- Map printing -- History -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, American -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Poole Brothers.
- Manuscripts, American.
- Map printing.
- Printing industry.
- Illinois -- Chicago.