Find a copy in the library
|Named Person:||Theodore N Ely; James McCrea; F H Kingsbury; E W McKenna|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||Pennsylvania Railroad. Vice President of Operation. Chief of Motive Power.|
|Description:||0.9 cubic ft. ( 2 volumes )|
Volume 1 covers equipment of the Chicago, St. Louis ? Little Miami Railroad; Cincinnati and Muskingum Valley Railwa, Indianapolis and Vincennes Railroad; Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad; Cincinnati and Richmond Railroad; and Pennsylvania series B, D, E and J box cars.
In addition, these five memoranda are enclosed in the volumes: 1.)P.R.R. Motive Power Dept. Classification of Cars - Former Lines East, by Theo. N. Ely, General Superintendent, Jan. 10, 1887; 2) Cars in Service on South West System Belonging to Pennsylvania Co., showing numbers from, kind, series, marked, division assigned to and number of cars, June 1, 1887; 3) Classification of Car Numbers for the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and St. Louis Railway Company by James McCrea, Manager, and F.J. Kingsbury, Assistant General Freight Agent, Feb. 1, 1883; 4) Classification of Car Numbers for the Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad Company, by James McCrea, Manager, and E.W. McKenna, Superintendent, March 1, 1883; and 5) Cars on the Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad with Transfer Centre Plates and Single Brake Rigging (box, gondolas and flats), May 28, 1888. The following general and specialized categories of rolling stock are described: baggage, box, cabin, dairy, excursion, express, gondola, hopper, flat, passenger, parlor, postal, block, derrick, tool, steam shovel and pile driver.
- Pennsylvania Railroad. -- Motive Power Accountant.
- Ely, Theodore N.
- McCrea, James.
- Kingsbury, F. H.
- McKenna, E. W.
- Pennsylvania Railroad. -- South West System.
- Pittsburgh, Concinnati and St. Louis Railway Company.
- Little Miami Railroad Company.
- Cincinnati and Muskingum Valley Railway Company.
- Indianapolis and Vincennes Railroad Company.
- Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad Company.
- Cincinnati and Richmond Railroad Company.
- Freight cars.
- Railroads -- Rolling stock -- Accounting.
- Railroads -- Cars.
- Railroads -- Equipment and supplies.